Sales engineer – superyacht 4G/5G equipment
Amsterdam area, UK (close to a well-connected airport) or Monaco/South of France
Work from home + frequent travel
About the company:
Meridian 4G is a Monaco-based, specialized technology company that develops, manufactures, and delivers 4G/5G equipment for use onboard superyachts, accommodating various specifics such clients have. We are a market leader in our field and work with the world’s largest superyachts.
You would be working with a very unique, exciting industry, clients docked in ports by the sea, meetings onboard yachts, and trade shows in the open air.
You will be selling mostly to the engineers and captains that work and live aboard those vessels who are very well-traveled, live their lives in a very unusual way, and have many very unique stories to tell.
As we work with high-end clients with small batches of production, we can continuously stay up-to-date, implementing the latest technologies as the cellular operators release them. For example, at the moment, we are the only company on the market that offers 4x4x4 MiMo products without having to install 16 antennas on the mast of the yacht. You can learn more on our website.
Competitive salary + commission
- At least 5 years of experience selling high-end equipment/technology with a proven track record of closing and verifiable references
- Enough technical background to understand/learn the product and service
- Availability and willingness to travel frequently to various superyacht destinations
- Excellent English – written and verbal
A plus but not required:
- Experience in the field of telecommunications
- Experience with boating
- respond to sales requests, understand the needs of the prospect and provide solutions based on the needs of every individual customer
- reach out to our database of potential clients, opening awareness of the improvements our product would make
- schedule appointments clustered by location (eg. Cannes, Antibes and Monaco ports) and flying in for 1-2 days of sales meetings, checking in with boats docked nearby
- building relationships with superyacht shipyards and targeting new builds
- when required/possible doing installations for the sales closed, establishing an in-person relationship with the customer, and checking for potential additional value-add opportunities we can offer
- manage post-sale support to ensure customer satisfaction and generate sales by referral
- stay active on social media addressing relevant posts and generating product awareness
- work with the marketing department to drive relevant marketing content addressing common questions asked during the sales process
- business development at trade shows and industry events
- show initiative and manage various workshops/create events in superyacht-specific locations to educate the market about our technology and build in-person relationships
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com